Torrent Invites! Buy, Trade, Sell Or Find Free Invites, For EVERY Private Tracker! HDBits.org, BTN, PTP, MTV, Apollo, Bibliotik, RED, BitMe, BitMeTV, IPT, TL, PHD etc!



Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By jimmy7
  • 1 Post By jimmy7
  • 1 Post By Tassadar
  • 1 Post By dEzAsTeR

Thread: How to limit upload speed on ruTorrent?

  1. #1
    Moderator
    YusukeUramesh's Avatar
    Reputation Points
    170667
    Reputation Power
    100
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,463
    Time Online
    130 d 21 h 41 m
    Avg. Time Online
    5 h 22 m
    Mentioned
    1267 Post(s)
    Quoted
    338 Post(s)
    Liked
    3436 times
    Feedbacks
    158 (100%)

    How to limit upload speed on ruTorrent?

    Hi, does anyone know how to limit the upload speed? I don't mean set ratio groups that stop the upload when they reach a certain ratio, but limit the upload speed (that upload up to maximum 50MBps for example)

    There are trackers that ban for more than a certain speed, this is the reason for my question

    Any help will be nice!

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    jimmy7's Avatar
    Reputation Points
    437815
    Reputation Power
    100
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    11,462
    Time Online
    245 d 5 h 55 m
    Avg. Time Online
    6 h 17 m
    Mentioned
    1592 Post(s)
    Quoted
    470 Post(s)
    Liked
    21027 times
    Feedbacks
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YusukeUramesh View Post
    Hi, does anyone know how to limit the upload speed? I don't mean set ratio groups that stop the upload when they reach a certain ratio, but limit the upload speed (that upload up to maximum 50MBps for example)

    There are trackers that ban for more than a certain speed, this is the reason for my question

    Any help will be nice!
    You can do that by assigning a specific channel. Highlight a particular torrent or a group of torrents that you want to assign
    a channel number, then right click and go to Set Channel option to choose from the available values.
    You can set up the available channel values (according to your needs) by going to Rutorrents settings. Select Channels from the menu.

  3. #3
    Moderator
    YusukeUramesh's Avatar
    Reputation Points
    170667
    Reputation Power
    100
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,463
    Time Online
    130 d 21 h 41 m
    Avg. Time Online
    5 h 22 m
    Mentioned
    1267 Post(s)
    Quoted
    338 Post(s)
    Liked
    3436 times
    Feedbacks
    158 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy7 View Post
    You can do that by assigning a specific channel. Highlight a particular torrent or a group of torrents that you want to assign
    a channel number, then right click and go to Set Channel option to choose from the available values.
    You can set up the available channel values (according to your needs) by going to Rutorrents settings. Select Channels from the menu.
    Hey mate, thanks for the answer, but I can't find "Channels" in the menu, also do you mean to set ratio groups? I only can see "Set Ratio Group" with right click in any torrent

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    jimmy7's Avatar
    Reputation Points
    437815
    Reputation Power
    100
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    11,462
    Time Online
    245 d 5 h 55 m
    Avg. Time Online
    6 h 17 m
    Mentioned
    1592 Post(s)
    Quoted
    470 Post(s)
    Liked
    21027 times
    Feedbacks
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YusukeUramesh View Post
    Hey mate, thanks for the answer, but I can't find "Channels" in the menu, also do you mean to set ratio groups? I only can see "Set Ratio Group" with right click in any torrent
    If the options are not there, you need to talk with your seedbox's support team about that. It's really strange though. Normally, you should find the "Set Channel" option under the "Set Ratio Group" one.

  5. #5
    Moderator
    YusukeUramesh's Avatar
    Reputation Points
    170667
    Reputation Power
    100
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,463
    Time Online
    130 d 21 h 41 m
    Avg. Time Online
    5 h 22 m
    Mentioned
    1267 Post(s)
    Quoted
    338 Post(s)
    Liked
    3436 times
    Feedbacks
    158 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy7 View Post
    If the options are not there, you need to talk with your seedbox's support team about that. It's really strange though. Normally, you should find the "Set Channel" option under the "Set Ratio Group" one.
    Thanks again, I will do it

  6. #6
    Extreme User
    Tassadar's Avatar
    Reputation Points
    9009
    Reputation Power
    97
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    585
    Time Online
    57 d 20 h 12 m
    Avg. Time Online
    9 h 53 m
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    Liked
    166 times
    Feedbacks
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YusukeUramesh View Post
    Thanks again, I will do it
    If you click the settings wheel in rutorrent, you can see Channels above Ratio Groups
    YusukeUramesh likes this.
    I ain't a killer but don't push me
    Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to gettin' pussy

  7. #7
    Power User
    dEzAsTeR's Avatar
    Reputation Points
    7041
    Reputation Power
    88
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    123
    Time Online
    8 d 19 h 39 m
    Avg. Time Online
    7 m
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Liked
    219 times
    Feedbacks
    36 (100%)
    @YusukeUramesh

    If you use a seedbox from seedboxes.cc you can do this:
    Go on your seedbox gui, on the toolbar you have settings, on settings you have channels, go there and modify the options for "channel 1" for example as you like.
    After that you can set that channel for what torrent you want.
    YusukeUramesh likes this.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •